5-Day Class Cost: $1500
- Monday – Friday
October 16, 2023 - October 20, 2023
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
< Back to LE Firearms Instructor Series
5-Day Class | 9am – 7pm
(view available classes below)
(this course has been registered with MCOLES for use of PA 302 Law Enforcement Distribution funds and earns training credit within MITN)
– Must be a credentialed Active or Reserve State or Local Law Enforcement Officer
– Must be a staunch supporter and defender of the Constitution of the United States and the rights of the people protected therein
– Basic Firearm Knowledge: Student MUST have a competent working knowledge of their chosen firearm and how it works. (Understand how to load/unload, lock slide/bolt back, etc.)
– Physical Ability: Students MUST be able to manipulate their firearm WITHOUT assistance. (Pull back slide/bolt, lock slide/bolt open, etc.)
– Student cannot work for a for-profit firearms training company (“CPL Preparatory Course” training is allowed) Student must complete a notarized Non-Compete/Non-disclosure Agreement and Liability Release Waiver (please email us if you would like to see a copy before registering)
– MUST KNOW, UNDERSTAND AND APPLY THE FOUR LIFE RULES OF RESPONSIBLE FIREARMS HANDLING AT ALL TIMES. See video below.
Our LE Firearms Instructor Series begins by building a solid foundation of teaching, evaluation, marksmanship, and firearms knowledge with our LE Firearms Marksmanship and Manipulation Instructor Course.
Our LE Firearms Marksmanship and Manipulation Instructor Course trains future Instructors to have the skills to accurately shoot and properly/efficiently manipulate all common LE defensive firearms and give them the skills and knowledge to pass that information on to their students and make them better with their defensive tools.
The farthest from a “Show up and get a certificate” class possible, MDFI LE Instructor Candidates will be thoroughly trained and then evaluated throughout the course on responsible firearms handling, their ability to demonstrate techniques, evaluate others, teach points of instruction, and pass shooting qualifications in order to graduate and will leave with either an earned Instructor Certification or merely a certificate of attendance.
Those who graduate these programs will receive an MDFI instructor curriculum to assist in passing on the learned information to their future law enforcement students.
– Must attend all days of training (DOT 1-5)
– Must Maintain Complete Control of Firearms IAW 4 Rules of Responsible Firearms Handling (DOT 1-5)
– Must be able to give effective feedback to students (DOT 1-5)
– Must be able to demonstrate points of instruction on demand (Evaluation DOT 5)
– Must be able to properly teach point of instruction to student group (Evaluation DOT 5)
– Must be able to pass MDFI Foundation Handgun/Shotgun/Carbine Qualifier at Advanced Level (Evaluation DOT 5)
GRADUATES WILL RECEIVE:
– MCOLES Credit for 50 training hours
– Certificate of Graduation (passing) or Certificate of Attendance
– Title of MDFI LE Firearms Marksmanship and Manipulation Instructor for 4 year period from date of graduation.
– Access to current MDFI Instructor Lesson Plans Handgun, Rifle/Carbine, and Shotgun while certified
– Eligibility to attend MDFI LE Situation + Environment Firearms Instructor Course
5-Day Class Cost: $1500